Sign in to follow this  
cvandyck

Separation of Background color canvas

Kate

Hi Chuck, If you're using PlatformPro, then you can make some modifications via Settings->Design Control. The rest can easily be accomplished via custom CSS.

cvandyck

thanks, but how with CSS .. unclear to me the code necessary

catrina

Since you're using PlatformPro, it's possible to change the color of the header so that it creates another separation of background color (like the one shown in this Van Dyck site: http://vandycks.org/). Does that make sense?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cvandyck

There, I'm referring to the split nature of the content screen. Is that possible?

catrina

If you use the full-width framework (as I mentioned in your other topic), it's possible to create that color separation effect.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cvandyck

Catrina, I don't understand how this can be done .. pls look at this url http://vandycks.org/ That is the exact look that I am trying to create. Also, relative to the full width screen .. how do you put content in the wider part ..I see how you get the color background but not how you can put content on it

catrina

You need to set your blog layout mode to full-width framework (in Design Control) first and then the color customization can be done.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cvandyck

not sure I explained well what I'm looking for here. please go to vandycks.org. You will notice two parts of the page .. 1 with News and Login , and 1 with the Welcome message and Latest news and the Contact Us form. Between those is a slight separation of about 1/8 inch .. how do I create that separation of color and page?

catrina

A thick border can be added and that can create the color separation. You can use this CSS:

#primary-nav {border bottom: 5px solid #YOURCOLOR;}

Replace YOURCOLOR with the color you want for the separation.

Designer | Catrina Dulay