Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

more than one set of boxes

Gavin_

Hi Pagelines, Your help is needed. Is it possible to have more than one set of boxes on a page? Ideally I would like to have one set that is 5 boxes in one row. And then another set that is 6 boxes but in 2 rows. Is this possible? Thanks for your help

catrina
Is it possible to have more than one set of boxes on a page?
This isn't possible in the settings, but if you want to put the boxes that are in both sets in just one set, you can use CSS to customize the width of the each box so that they are positioned the way you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Gavin_

This is almost right! I did as you suggested but the columns are set you can either have 2,3,4 or 5 So as I have selected 5 it is putting the 6th box on a new line... http://79.170.44.130/ginseng-lily.co.uk/ you can see what i mean here. is there something really obvious i am missing?

Kate

Hey Gavin, We're talking about the FAQ, etc. boxes, correct? If so, then if you want them to stay the width they are, change the "boxes per row" back to 3. Or, via custom CSS, change the width of the boxes so they all fit on the same row.

Gavin_

Hi Kate Yes we are talking about those boxes. thing is i'd like 5 in a row on the first row, and then 3 in a row thereafter. will your fix work? THanks

Kate

If you use the individual IDs of the boxes, yes, you could do that.

Gavin_

Hi Kate I'm not sure what i did wrong but that didn't work. :-( Thanks for your further help

cmunns

I think if you're going to do this you have to set the page option for columns to 5 otherwise it will insert a clearing element

Gavin_

THanks Adam, But i had it on five originally and it didn't work that way either

catrina
I'm not sure what i did wrong but that didn't work. :-(
What exactly did you do? Did you add some custom CSS? If so, what was it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Gavin_

Catrina, when i said i had done something wrong what i meant was that I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and was wondering what was missing because none of them have worked. I have used custom css to change the width of the boxes using the unique id of the box. this is the challenge: if settings is set to 3 columns - that's what it does (regardless of the width setting) if settings is set to 5 columns and you make the width of the box wider it will give you one row of three boxes and then one row of two boxes and then auto wrap the 6th box to a new line. Still obeying the 5 column div. it seems to me that none of the suggestions made in this thread have worked - i am beginning to think that you can not have: one row of five boxes and then two rows of three I do appreciate all the help and suggestions.

catrina

Perhaps so. Do you want to leave it as is or see if it could still happen?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Gavin_

Catrina, kind of a weird question - I'd like a solution - it looks awful the way it is. I've tried everything suggested in this thread. Is there someone who has successfully done this?

kastelic

Kind of a weird fix but it'll work:

.home .content-pad .clear{display:none}

Gavin_

OK Jimmy that is pure genius - it worked a treat - thank you very much. and thanks to everyone else who tried as well.