Sign in to follow this  
makeylon

Sidebars not positioned correctly

makeylon

Need help with this one: http://project-m-stock-trading.com/trade-reports/april-3-2011 For some reason, the Tertiary sidebar is appearing below the Comments section of the post rather than underneath the Secondary sidebar. Also, on Firefox but not on IE, the secondary sidebar looks like it is missing 2 of the widgets I have in place, but the space is there where they should be. Granted, on firefox I'm also logged in as admin, but that shouldn't affect anything. So why is my tertiary sidebar positioned below the post comments rather than in the sidebar? I have Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sidebars all set up in the template settings under Sidebar 1. Any help would be appreciated. Platform Pro 1.5.0 with Base active.

makeylon

Lol... Catrina, I'm using a hell of a lot of custom code... lol. But, I don't think any of it would be affecting the sizing / positioning of it, other than moving it up. Here is the custom css code that I'm currently using: .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-775px;} As far as I know, thats it for sidebar custom code.

cmunns

when positioning falls like that it's 99% of the time related to missing markup in code that you've added ( HTML )

makeylon

Adam, I would agree with you, but I can't seem to find it nor can I imagine what I would have done to cause that. As far as I can remember, it has been that way since I started using the secondary and tertiary sidebars. Been trying to hunt down the issue but am missing something. Also, it doesn't happen on all pages, just some of them. It is also different between browsers. Ah well. I guess I'll just keep plugging away. Its probably something I did.

makeylon

Hmmmm... okay, a little more information. It looks like the problem is only on single post pages, and only on Firefox. How could it be on firefox and not IE? Check this page in both firefox and IE: http://project-m-stock-trading.com/education/japanese-candlesticks/bearish-kicker-pattern I don't know what the problem could be, but 2 of the widgets disappear in FF, and extra space gets put in place between Primary and Secondary sidebars... Okay, I'm lost.

makeylon

Here is another interesting point... When I do a source code view, the page shows the source code for the missing widgets... what in the world is going on? Ugh.

makeylon

Solved it. Adam, you were 100% correct. I messed up my coding. I created a context sensitive sidebar to provide links to other pages/posts etc based on what page or post I was on in the site. Turns out I missed a single

• tag and somehow that was messing up the sidebar with the
tag with no opening tag. Still not sure why it worked in IE and not in FF, but that was the problem. Me. lol.