Sign in to follow this  
jheflin

Creating Custom Box Section

jheflin

I'm on a bit of a time crunch for a website update and I need to create additional box sections to display on a page together. I need a page hierarchy setup as such: Title#1 BoxSet#1, Title#2 BoxSet#2, Title#3 BoxSet#3. Simply using a Box section and Soapbox section will not work for the layout I need. I want to create 2 additional unique box section in base that I can use should I ever need to display 2 separate box section on the same page. I've already looked through all the relevant threads and created a new section in base by duplicating the box section in platformpro, registered it in functions.php with the appropriately modified class/id but I can't get my new section to show up in Pagelines Template Setup. All the documentation for Child Sections and Templates is incredibly vague regarding the creation of Custom Child Sections as the size, scope, and structure of say PullQuote example and a more complex section like Boxes varies greatly. Can you guys give me a walk-through of how to create and register an additional box section in Platform Pro and any and all other modifications that must be made the the new box child section to successfully be able to access it in Platform Pro? Is there more than just class/name/id I need to change? I think this would help a lot of people based on the other threads out there.

jheflin

/bump for any help at all.

jheflin

Version 1.5

cmunns

you have to change a lot of items...put what you have in pastebin or snipplr