Sign in to follow this  
yassad

can't modify sidebar widgets list styles

yassad

Hi, Cool theme! However, I am having a few nagging difficulties. Here is one of them! I am using the twitter wordpress plugin as a widget on the sidebar, and it works alright. But we want to insert a bullet point image for each post (li) and nothing i do seems to be able to change the list style within the sidebar of the theme. To test, I tried adding a basic text widget and inside of it: <ul style="list-style:square;"> test list item 1 test list item 2 This still didn't override whatever setting is stopping me from being able to alter the list style. I can change background colors of the

• but the list style appears to be fixed. I also copied this code from syles.css into common.css and the sidebar is picking up my background colors, but when I changed the list-style from none to square... .widget ul li{ list-style:square; background-color:#999999; display: block; padding: .3em 2px; } ... still nothing seems to work. I know I can avoid using the ul in the twitter.php file and come up with a workaround of a float based, non list image layout, but that seems like overkill, and would be tough to keep up with when the plugin is updated. The page to be referred to is:
http://www.webworldnow.net/cerealus/ Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

cmunns

I can't seem to figure it out either...what if you put a list inside a post and style it there?

yassad

hmmm.... I was able to get the list in the footer to show the image I was hoping to use in the sidebar as a list item bullet. So I know it isn't a global no-go. However, the design we are working with places the twitter list in the sidebar. I am wondering if the only option is to code the widget outside of the constraints of the sidebar. But that seems like too much work for what should be such a simple fix. not sure what you are suggesting, as far as placing the code within a post...

catrina

If you post the code within a post, you can see if the styling works or not. If it does work, then it probably means that something in sidebar CSS code is overriding the list style you want...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse