Sign in to follow this  
zurmo

What are the steps to create a new and custom page template?

zurmo

I'm running platform pro 1.5 and created a child theme in order to override some functionality. I'm trying to create a CUSTOM PAGE TEMPLATE because I need some extra stuff/checks in the loop and some custom fields etc. What I've done so far: 1. created "page-X.php" 2. added the template name. 3. added the get_header and get_footer function calls. 4. copied everything in "section.postloop.php" and pasted it between the get_header and get_footer. It works but some of the markup is missing around the page's content, comparing it to other pages, I don't understand what else I'm missing and I'll be more then thankful for some very clear step by step explanations. small disclaimer: I'm a developer (lots of experience with my custom themes but not with a framework) and I'd prefer an answer in code. thanks.

zurmo

Thanks, I don't feel its the correct solution though.. I found out that the markup I was missing is located in template.content.php so the order of markup on a totally new template is: 1. template name 2. `get_header()` 3. top part of template.content.php (everything down to `<?php pagelines_template_area('pagelines_main', 'main'); ?>` 4. everything in section.postloop.php 5. bottom part of template.content.php (just everything *under* #3). 5. `get_footer()` thanks.