Sign in to follow this  
attractioninstitute

Having different primary menus on different pages

attractioninstitute

Is it possible to have different primary menus on different pages within your website? I'm trying to set up a membership site within my website and the programs I offer require different menus. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it?

Simon

secondary menu maybe?

attractioninstitute

Thanks Simon but I don't quite understand what you mean. What is this and how would I set it up?

Simon

Under template setup, enable secondary nav by dragging it into your template. Setup a new menu in the wordpress menu editor. Goto the page you want the menu to appear, and in the meta settings select your new menu.

attractioninstitute

Oh, ok. No, I'm actually looking to set up different primary navigation menus for each product as they're going to have their secondary navigation bars. Thanks anyway.

attractioninstitute

Does anyone know how to use different primary menus on different pages? Is it even possible?

cmunns

Yes it's possible, but you would have to customize the navigation section. Create a file in the Base theme called template.nav.php and put this inside of it `

<?php if(function_exists('wp_nav_menu')){ wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class' => 'main-nav'.pagelines_nav_classes(), 'container' => null, 'container_class' => '', 'depth' => 3, 'theme_location'=>'primary', 'fallback_cb'=>'pagelines_nav_fallback') ); }else{ pagelines_nav_fallback(); } if(!pagelines_option('hidesearch')){ get_search_form(); } ?>
` Then write conditional statements to show two different "menu_location" parameters. http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

attractioninstitute

Adam, you're a star! Thank you so much for taking the time to write that out. I really appreciate it. I'll check it out and let you know how I go.