Sign in to follow this  
MLaMaison

Cufon in Top Nav, but not drop-down sub menus?

MLaMaison

I'm using a cufon font in the top Nav, and it works just fine. I would like to display a standard font in drop-down portion of the menu, but the cufon displays throughout the whole menu. In Cufon the setting in PageLines I am pointing to the menus like #menu-item-125

timlinson

You'll likely need more specific selectors to only target the top tier.. like adding 'ul' and such. What's your site link?

MLaMaison

Yes but how? I have tried this ul#menu-primary li#menu-item-125.menu-item-125 But I just don't know how to keep the from getting down to the submenu items.

MLaMaison

Anyone have any ideas on how to use a cufon font in the top navigation, without that same font displaying in sub-menus?

cmunns

When CSS from child elements doesn't have explicit declarations for things like font-family it will inherit it from the next closest..in this case your top level item. Be explicit with your subnav ` ul#menu-primary li#menu-item-125.menu-item-125 ul { font-family:xx; } `

MLaMaison

I hope it's that ease, but I can't get the CSS to replace the Cufon font. I add this:

ul#menu-primary li#menu-item-125 ul.sub-menu li a {
		color: red;
		font-family: Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif !important;
	}

The color: red works but the font still is displaying the Cufon font.