Sign in to follow this  
dharmaduf

Recover PlatformPro Settings?

dharmaduf

Not sure what the heck happened... I updated WP from 3.1.1 to 3.1.3, along with the NextGen Gallery Plugin, and added a new header image to a gallery in NGG. I then switched to the Platform Pro (1.5.0) > Settings > Global Options to update the "custom logo" URL for the new image and every other panel in the settings options other than the Global Options got wiped out. As in nothing checked, nothing selected, and nothing in the Custom Code text boxes. Of course, I neglected to export the theme settings prior to the update. Am I starting from scratch here? Or is there a way to pull out the prior theme settings from the sql backup? Help!

timlinson

You can try to get your host to rollback your site a couple days.. that only affects the database, but it's worth a shot since it's unclear what caused it.

dharmaduf

Hi Tim. Thanks for the suggestion. I had done a database backup prior to updating WP. I dug around and found the table for the pagelines settings and manually input the values back into my production website. Pain? Yes. But I have no DBA-fu and preferred not to take any actions that might further exacerbate the issue. Here's the "funny" thing about this whole deal... Once I got the site settings back to the way they were I immediately exported the "theme settings". Guess what? The .dat file that is exported contains the exact same data as was in the mySQL table. DOH. Hopefully this was a one-off, but if not maybe someone else will benefit from this thread.