Sign in to follow this  
aabatangle

Can't change list-style-type

aabatangle

I need to have unordered lists with visible bullets. I tried adding

ul {list-style-type: circle;}
to the custom CSS section of Platform Pro; didn't work. Added it to the style.css file; didn't work. Then I tried a custom class
ul.circle {list-style-type: circle;}
in each place; didn't work. Where is this getting nerfed?

timlinson

If you want this to override ALL unordered lists, I'd just add `!important` to the end of the rules. If you want more control, you can install firebug and inspect the lists in question to see how specific the rules are. As a purely hypothetical example (pretty sure this rule doesn't exist) if a list has `#sidebar1 ul {RULE}` then your `ul{RULE}` doesn't have enough specificity to override it.

aabatangle

Sadly, the answer to most forum posts is "install firebug & inspect the code". I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that any perceived "time savings" from the flexibility of PlatformPro has been eaten up by hunting & pecking through the undocumented templates, undocumented hooks, etc. Not really feeling like I got my $175 worth. :(

Kate

Hi Amy, Definitely try Tim's suggestion about the !important declaration. Also, if you have a link to your site, that will help us better answer your questions.

yassad

Hi, I have posted a similar question. But I tried adding the !important to my list style code and it didn't work. Someone has to know what is the overriding factor here.

cmunns

Amy where is your site...links would be great.

gayatriom
For all those people who wanted to pull their hair out with this add this code to the list you want to change: { display:list-item; } If the widget list is set to display:block, you list-type css will not work.