Sign in to follow this  
djcsuomi

feature thumbs

djcsuomi

Is it possible to make the thumbs in the feature slider larger? I would like them to be as large as the images in the carousel, but I don't like the way the carousel shows the main image.

timlinson

You can add something like this to custom code > custom css: `#featurenav a span.nav_thumb{width:80px;height:80px}`

djcsuomi

Tim, would I just put that into the body section of the css rules box? Would it work if I make it about 200px height and width?

timlinson

Not into the body, on its own line (actually you can delete the empty body rule if you want) I don't see why it wouldn't work with 200px.

djcsuomi

Thanks a lot. It looks like it works, but the shadow is still highlighting a small 50 x 30 corner to indicate that feature is selected. How would I get it to either highlight the whole area or none of it at all?

djcsuomi

Also, I tried something like #feature_slider .fcontent{color: #000000} to make the background of the slider black instead of white. Didn't work. Any ideas?

cmunns

what is your link? the highlighting is done with an image so you'd have to remove that

djcsuomi

How do I remove the image? You mean a link to my site? It isn't up yet. I can show screenshots, but basically, I increased the thumb size but its still highlighting a 50x30 dark spot in the image to indicate that feature is being viewed.

timlinson

`color` is for the foreground. You'll need `background-color` to change the background. The shadow is coming from images/feature-thumb-overlay.png

djcsuomi

So I went into the platform pro folder and erased that image but it is still showing up as well as a thin white box in the images that are not selected. Any ideas?

djcsuomi

You know, for some reason even after I deleted the file it was still showing up. So I put in the following code to get rid of it completely: #featurenav a span.nav_thumb span.nav_overlay {background: none} #featurenav a.activeSlide span.nav_thumb span.nav_overlay{background: none} Ideally, I would like some way to highlight which one is selected, though. The only problem is that my thumbs are re-sized, too, so it is kinda a pain. Any quick fix ideas?

catrina

Strange. But anyway, if you want to highlight a selected thumb, in what way do you want to style it? With a border around it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

djcsuomi

A simple border is prob the easiest. I looked in the forums to see if anyone has ever dimmed all the thumbs that are not active. That would really be ideal.

cmunns

You could do ` #feature .thumbs #featurenav a { opacity: .4; } #feature .thumbs #featurenav a.activeSlide { opacity: 1; } `

djcsuomi

Oh wow, that works great. Is there a separate css tag for the element right as it is being clicked? I was able to get rid of that grey highlight box on in the corner of the thumb after you click on it, but just as you click, until you let go, it is still showing.

catrina

Do you mean that while the mouse button is pressed on the image, the border is still there?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kastelic
#featurenav a:active span.nav_thumb span.nav_overlay {
	    background: url("../images/feature-thumb-overlay.png") no-repeat scroll 0 -30px transparent;
	}

This is the rule for the element when it is clicked, specifically the "active" pseudo-element