Sign in to follow this  
cvandyck

Border Around Box or Post

cvandyck

Can someone tell me how to put a border around the Box or Post .. and how to change the style of it thx Chuck

timlinson

Install firebug for firefox, right click the boxes/posts in question, and use the "inspect element" tool. You can see the selectors for the elements. Add a `border` property for those selectors in custom code > custom css.

cvandyck

thx .. problem is that I don't know how to do the custom code Do you have any ideas?

cvandyck

I understand, via CSS and the Custom option, how to construct a border or outline around a paragraph. What I do not understand is how to make the border or outline around the entire box or post .. ie... I get a series of boxes (around each paragraph) rather than one large box or outline around all the paragraphs. Can you suggest what I should do.

Kate

Hi Chuck, You should be able to use the "post" class. Something like this:

.post{border:1px solid #dddddd;}

cvandyck

Kate .. ok, so that worked pretty nicely! So two things I have to figure out .. 1. how do you make this work for pages other than posts .. ie.. the feature page or the highlight page?, and 2. the reply block of the post falls well outside of the border .. any idea on how I address that?

Kate

Hi Chuck, For pages, you could try:

.page{border:1px solid #dddddd;}
Also: are you saying you want a border around the comments too? That would be something like:
#comments{border:1px solid #dddddd;}