Sign in to follow this  
alexb

Flaw in Blog for Platform Pro?

alexb

Perhaps I am being dense, but I have two questions regarding Platform Pro. Having only just uploaded the Developer version and added a blog page I am puzzled to be receiving the following error when I click on the page link: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/alexbul1/public_html/blog/index.php on line 18 I am also totally stumped as to how to amend the nav in the stylesheet - I simply cannot get rid of the standard block hover effect - where in the CSS does it sit? Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Kate

Hi Alex, Did you do any modifications to the index.php file? Or, perhaps edited it with an editor? (BTW: What is your WP file structure? I'm not clear from the URL you posted above.) For the CSS: Are you using Firebug? It's a good tool to help you pinpoint what CSS is currently in use, and what needs to be changed.

alexb

Hi Kate - thanks No, the odd thing is that I haven't (or at least am not aware) of having made any modifications to the index.php file - in fact I am so much a rookie to these things I probably wouldn't know where to find it! I am not sure what you mean by the WP file structure I have to confess! I have installed WP in my root folder if that answers that question? :/ Firebug I am guessing works only on Firefox? I am building on a Mac with Safari..

cmunns

Alex, can you link us up to the site? the CSS block hover in the nav can actually be changed in the Design Control

alexb

Thanks Adam Well I havent even started building yet as you will see but have run into issues. Click the blog tab! URL: www.alexbulgo.com Meanwhile, am none the wiser over the nav block hover in design control I must confess!! Many thanks Alex

catrina

The nav block hover can be changed using CSS added to the Custom Area (the setting isn't in Design Control). Is it just the menu item background color that you want changed on hover?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alexb

Hi Catrina - many thanks. I have solved the blog link issue - appears my site had been hacked before I had even started building! I have done a total clean install and added a bunch of security plug-ins so hopefully will be ok! On the Nav question, as you will see from the site as is I am still getting a grey block on hover and click. What I ideally want to do is eliminate this altogether and replace it with a simple word color change on hover...is this still via the Custom Area as you suggest? www.alexbulgo.com Many thanks Alex

Kate

Hi Alex, My computer is being a little quirky today. But, something like this should get you on the right track:

.main-nav li{margin-right:10px !important;}
	.main-nav li a{float:none !important;display:inline !important;padding:0px !important;background:none !important;}

alexb

Kate - many thanks. Perfect! Saved my life!