Sign in to follow this  
nseven

Help needed setting up website ( im a noob )

nseven

Hello people i bought the domain appleios.co.uk and would like to install iBlogPro 4 onto it. I would like it to be the same as my other site www.iphone4sdk.com but not sure if i can migrate the whole site over? Any ideas?

Kate

Hi Mark, When you say "the same", do you still want your other site to exist? Or, are you looking to replace it? Also, are you just trying to accomplish a redirect? Or, will the sites have different content?

nseven

Hello Kate I once they are identicle I will shut down iPhone4sdk.com and just work with appleios.co.uk I did have a guy that helped me install and set it all up but he is very ill. I Am just a very noob guy at web stuff only good at app development. Mark

catrina

It looks relatively simple to set up everything on iBlogPro all over again. What exactly do you need help with? Using the WordPress platform?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nseven

Yes my friend set it up before like it is just now and i have no idea how to do it. I have all the images etc.

Kate

Hey Mark, I guess the question is really your timeline. Because, in your hosting account, you can just setup the new domain name to point to where the old one does. The, when you're ready, simply delete the old pointer. Make sense? Then you don't have to move anything.

nseven

Hi Kate i dont want to do that because the host is slow and crappy and i want to get rid of them for ever.. I need to make the site again from scratch using the old website for details and images. I have logins for both sites. Mark

catrina

If you're new to using the WordPress platform, I advise that you learn how to navigate around and use it first before you start implementing the layout. The WordPress Codex's documentation on getting started helps: http://codex.wordpress.org/New_To_WordPress_-_Where_to_Start#Step_Four_-_Set_Up_WordPress

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse