Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Cant get my contact form to align left!

timlinson

You would use the exact same selectors and use your revised alignment rule inside: ` .hentry table td, #comments table td { text-align: left; } `

bizint

I tried that...didnt work?! Then I added !important thinking that would help...nope... : .hentry table td, #comments table td {text-align: left !important;} Any ideas?

kastelic

Looks like you may have copied over an additional colon(right in front of .hentry) that would cause your CSS not to work.

bizint

No...there is no colon...still not working?!

Kate

There's actually an "align" attribute being generated on the paragraph tags themselves. Might want to check that out. In the meantime: Change your code to this:

.hentry table td  p, #comments table td p  {text-align: left !important;}
Also, the reason it's not taking effect is you're missing an end bracket on this line:
#breadcrumb {font-size: 11px; color:#AFAFAF; margin-bottom 25px;border-bottom:1px solid

Be sure to add that too.

bizint

Hi kate that works! I dont know what the addition of the "p" is for...could you explain? Also I need to chage the background of the comment form to Orange to make it standout...I have tried adding background:#66ff00 to the .hentry table td p, #comments table td p {text-align: left !important;} - but it made the whole table orange... so I addedd #comments table td {background:#66ff00} but nothing happened? Thanks for help!

bizint

.wpcf7-form {background:#ff6600;} Hey! I'm starting to get the hang of this! Firebug is essential is it not?!

bizint

IGNORE me! Done it: .wpcf7-form {background:#ff6600; padding-left: 19px; padding-top: 19px; padding-bottom: 19px;} Woo hoo...strangely elated...

Kate

It is :) For the "p": there was an "align" attribute being generated for the paragraph tags, so we needed to target the paragraph tags

<p>

with our CSS.