Sign in to follow this  
maxquinn

Different Feature Transition Times Throughout Pages

maxquinn

Hi, I'm developing my new portfolio, http://www.maxjquinn.com/wordpress/ As you can see I've got a 2500 standard feature timeout setting. However, if you click through to Portfolio, I want the sub pages in that section to not change automatically, only manually through the feature slider. So I want to set a feature timeout of zero for these pages. I found this thread: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/7496 To follow on from that, has this feature been implemented yet? If not, can someone give me a more basic walkthrough of the solution outlined there? I'm a little lost. Thanks in advance! Max.

cmunns

I think you can redeclare the jquery call for certain pages in the footer. You can add it to the child theme functions.php file like so: ` add_action('wp_footer','new_timing'); function new_timing(){?> <?php if(is_page()):?> <?php endif:?> <?php } ` It's not tested but worth a try

maxquinn

I tried putting that in, and the whole site dissapeared and just gave the following error so I had to take it out: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/brokencu/public_html/maxjquinn/wordpress/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 105 Any ideas why that might be? Thanks again Adam.

cmunns

Yes typo... change `<?php endif:?>` to `<?php endif;?>`

maxquinn
Hi, sorry I just came back from travelling so had to put this on hold. I tried you're edit cmunns, but I now get the error 'Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/brokencu/public_html/maxjquinn/wordpress/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php on line 27' instead. Any ideas? Cheers again for your help, I'm suprised this option hasn't been added to the actual theme to be honest.