Sign in to follow this  
[Deleted User]

Secondary Nav only on Index page

[Deleted User]

I'we added a secondary nav to the header but it only show on the index/front page and now on search, cat, single pages? I have not clicked the "Hide on post pages" or "hide by default". Why this behaviour or any work around? Cheers, Martin

[Deleted User]

I use the newest. PlatformBase 1.4.1 PlatformPro 1.5.0 Thanks

kastelic

What pages do you want it to appear on?

[Deleted User]

@Jimmy I basically want the secondary nav to bee on all pages. I thought the behaviour would be that it sticked to the header/main navigation. Search, category, single post...

catrina

I would assume that's what putting the Secondary Header in Site Header is for, but this behavior (where it's not showing up) is repeating in other people's themes. I'll mark this for developer's attention...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

[Deleted User]

Yes - I have been reading other post mention this and it seems to be the way it works - not sure it this is a bug or it is meant to be like this? It would be nice if it stayed in the header and you could turn it of on individual pages. Thanks for marking it :)

avidcruisergmailcom

It's this way for me too. Secondary nav will not display by default, no matter what I do.

Simon

You need a secondary wordpress menu, call it 'secondary' Then under Header/Nav->Select Secondary Navigation Menu if you select your new menu here, it will be displayed on the default blog index page. To add the secondary menu to another page, you go to edit that perticular page, and set the secondary menu there in the meta section.

avidcruisergmailcom

Thanks Simon. I have all of this in place and can set it in the meta section of each page. However, I have 650 pages and 1500 posts. That would take a long time. A default display would work much better for me.

[Deleted User]

Simon - I will copy Ralph on this one... also it seems like a bug: If you add it to the header its not there by default.

avidcruisergmailcom

Interesting Martin. I'll try that approach. Do the developers see this forum? Perhaps for a fix?

Simon

It isn't a bug. It is supposed to be a custom secondary menu on a per-post basis, it uses the post-id to locate add the menus. It may be possible to create a custom 'section' or maybe a shortcode if you need a second menu on every page.

Keith Vaugh

Just to clarify what we are looking for

1. Secondary navigation on single posts (can be achieved by selecting the option in the meta data for each entry, but there is no default setting or automated option for a large number of posts) Secondary navigation when you navigate to a category i.e. for the secondary navigation to appear under the main menu

Simon

The way the section is coded, it can either add the custom menu to you posts page, or a single page using its page_id. A new custom section or a shortcode could be written to add it to every page.

[Deleted User]

What I want to do is this: headernav.jpg The secondary nav should stick to the header everywhere on the site. Any way to do this?

Simon

Ok, wait 5 minutes

[Deleted User]

Super - but it shows the primary nav and not the actually secondary nav - so right now I have to primary nav.

Simon

You should see a new section in the layout control, add it under your primary nav, and under blog and posts, at the bottom you will see ubernav, select your second nav here...make sure the usual secondry nav is unset and not enabled in layout control. It works then on every page, trust me!

[Deleted User]

Simon: "at the bottom you will see ubernav, select your second nav here" Ahh.... :) I didn't look all the way down there....you are a sweetheart Simon. Thanks

bluebonepc

I'd like to do the same as well, where do I put the section.ubernva.php? thank you

[Deleted User]

Hey Alan Put the section.ubernav.php in the sections directory in your platformbase child theme directory.