Sign in to follow this  
coran

Jigoshop plugin

coran

hi we are building an online shop and wanted to use the Jigoshop plugin... installation went fine but when i tried to upload a product the widget like window, that is in charge of the product thumbnail upload, simply was not there. i`ve then tried it with the default theme and it was working fine... so i guess it has to be a platform-pro issue. any idea of how can i make it work ??? thanxx ran

catrina

Have you already tried deactivating other plugins one by one to see if any of them might be causing a conflict with Jigoshop?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

coran

its a brand new installation. so, i don't have any other plugin active

coran

here is the screenshot with the default if you look on the bottom right corner, you can see the missing window

catrina

I'm not sure what in PlatformPro could be causing the problem, but have you tried contacting the plugin developer to see if there are any known problems with the plugin not working in certain themes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

coran

so i asked the developer if "is there are any known problems with the plugin not working in certain themes? " the answer :No; this is core WP stuff which your theme shouldn??™t even touch. in wp-config.php turn on WP_DEBUG (set it to true) ??“ this will reveal any errors. Ignore ???notices??™ and ???warnings??™. not sure what to make of it...

Simon

`add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );` to functions.php in platformbase

Simon

Actually, that should be: `add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array('product', 'post') );` sorry...

coran

hi Simon im really happy to say that it worked... like magic. much thnaxx

lysander

Hi, I have the same issue. I tried the line suggested in the functions.php and now I get a syntax error on line 26. The exact error message is: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home8/marcatil/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 26 Thanks in advance

lysander

Ok, so with some help I fixed that error, pasted Simon's line of code into the functions.php and updated successfully. I still don't seem to be able to use the function described in the OP though. I don't want to mess with it too much in case I take my site offline again!

caldwellmccann

I had a similar issue to what the OP had. So I added the code as described by pross (above) and that worked; it created the Featured Image sidebar for the products. Thanks. lysander's mistake was pasting the single parenthesis wrapping the function. You want to use the code from within the parentheses. If typed: 'content();' Then use: content(); I then tried to "Set featured image" using the "From URL" method. I set it up and clicked the "Insert into Post" button, which does what it says and adds it to the post description field not the main image box. I wanted the upload to be the main image. The solution was to upload the product images to the Media Library first. Click the "Set featured image" button in the product. Use the Media Library tab. Click the "Show" link to the right of your desired image. Then use the link "Use as featured image" to do what it says. This works. I am testing with: WP 3.2.1, PlatformPro 1.5.2, and Jigoshop 0.9.8

melgx
Hi, novice user here. Any way we could get the above mentioned code added to the next update of Platform Pro? I really love the theme, and it's amazing for a novice user like me. I'd really like to use JingoShop, but there's no damn way I could edit the functions.php.

Jenny
I have marked this for developer review. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

melgx
In the meantime, I found someone to help insert the code, but when he did, it generated a database error. Can you tell me exactly where the code is inserted? On which line? And just to confirm, we are attempting to add only this line to the functions.php of the PlatformPro base: add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array('product', 'post') );

Ian
Simon, I'm using WhiteHousePro and am having the very same problem. Is the appropriate 'function.php' file located in the 'wp-includes' folder? If so, where do I insert the code? I'm not a PHP guy at all. I tried inserting it very near the beginning of the file and got an error like "undefined call to theme support" or something like that. Thanks, Ian