Sign in to follow this  
nudolio

footer sidebar - 4 column versus 5 column footer

nudolio

hi i posted to a resolved topic and thought i would cover bases and start a new thread... Adam had php code to alter the 5 col footer down to 4 cols.. exactly what i'd like to do - but uploaded template.footcols.php with the fix into Platform base root and have no results - still 5 cols - am i missing something? gracias

cmunns

Lately I've also been having problems with the template override. What version are you using.

nudolio

I'm using 1.4.1 --- probably time to upgrade huh?

catrina

I agree. The current version is 1.5.1, which is accessible through Launchpad.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kense
I've arrived here having posted here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/81659#Comment_81659 I've managed to create the template.footcols.php file and it now seems to be overriding the number of columns (though I'm not quite sure how it works?), but I'm having a few issues styling it because I'm a n00b... Basically, I'd like to keep the widgets the width that they are, but space them out so that they spread across the full width of the footer. Any ideas?

kense
For info, this is the code for the template.footcols.php that I am using to successfully override it: [code]name) ) : ?> " title=""> " alt="" /> " title=""> 'footer-links list-links', 'theme_location'=>'footer_nav', 'depth' => 1) ); ?> $post): setup_postdata($post);?> ID ); ?>"> post_title; ?> [/code] I'm not sure where in there it refers to the fact that I now only want 4 columns rather than 5, but it seems to be doing the trick, and when I had 5 widgets in the footer widgets area it passed one of them to be beneath another, so maintaining the 4 columns...