Sign in to follow this  
jasonlioh

Import Settings Not Working

jasonlioh

Anyone facing this problem? No matter how many times I tried to import the settings from a freshly backed up file, it just times out and settings won't restore.

kastelic

Can you tell us the exact steps you took to have this problem, and what the erroor message says, if any?

jasonlioh

Jimmy: I downloaded the theme settings with the "Export Theme Settings" button. Then at the "Import Settings", I uploaded the same .dat file that I got and the browser just shows a blank white page after few seconds and that's it. No more movement after that, there's no error message either. And my settings are not restored.

jasonlioh

Catrina: Yes, I exported my files before upgrading to 1.5.0 recently and only realized that my import settings didn't work. I tried like 20-30 times before I finally gave up and reset up everything from scratch. I even uploaded the theme files to a different site on a different server just to import the same backed up settings but it was the same problem. So, would you like to check the backup files?

jasonlioh

Is there any other way to upload the settings? Through FTP or phpMyAdmin?

Simon

Jason, can you send me the backup file, so i can test? simon@pagelines.com

Simon

It imported fine for me, thinking this might be a server-side issue. Blank white page with wordpress normally means a php fatel error, the errors get suppressed hence the white screen. Try uploading again, then go into your account via ftp, and look for a file error_log, it could be in your web root in wp-admin or in the theme folder. That will tell us whats going on, but im thinking your webhost has blocked some php commands from executing.

Simon

Can you go to misc-settings and activate 'debug' and give us a screenshoot of the output there? Might also give us a clue.

jasonlioh

Here is what I got from the error_log residing inside the theme folder.

[09-Mar-2011 01:09:00] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /home/arpowers/public_html/znytuscon151/platformpro/index.php on line 9
	[13-May-2011 13:46:52] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /home/jason/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/index.php on line 9
	[13-Jun-2011 18:00:46] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /home/jason/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/index.php on line 9
	[13-Jun-2011 18:00:47] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /home/jason/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/index.php on line 9

And here's the print screen of the debug tab. Untitled.png

jasonlioh

This is what I have in my index.php file found in the location listed in the error log.

<?php
	/*
		This theme is Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Andrew Powers, PageLines.com (andrew AT pagelines DOT com)
		Licensed under the terms of GPL.
	*/
	setup_pagelines_template();

Anything missing or wrong?

Simon

Can you open includes/library.templates.php and check `function setup_pagelines_template()` is around line 433 I'm thinking this has something to do with safe-mode being activated on your host.

jasonlioh

I can't find the said function in the file. I shall email you the file right away so that you can check it.

Simon

Right, I think you have an old version of this file, and possibly others. Try this: 1. Switch theme to twenty-ten 2. Via FTP rename folder platformpro to platformpro_bak 3. upload contents of fresh 1.5.0 to new platformpro folder. 4. re-activate platformpro

jasonlioh

I did everything as you told but the problem remains. :|

jasonlioh

Should I ask the tech support of my server to disable the PHP safe mode or whatsoever? It was working fine from the day I upgraded PlatformPro until recently. :( Is there any alternative way of uploading the settings?

Simon

So you have reuploaded and that function STILL is not in library.templates.php?

jasonlioh

Yes. I downloaded a new copy just to be sure before I uploaded them to my server.

Simon

OK so delete the error_logs and try again, then post the new errors.

jasonlioh

I couldn't find the function

setup_pagelines_template()

inside library.templates.php but found it in the library.functions.php. I deleted whatever remaining error_logs in my server and proceeded to import the backed up setting files. The blank white screen showed up as usual, but there was no error_logs generated at the root directory or the theme folder. I shall try again tomorrow as it's 4AM here and re-post the results here. Thank you.

jasonlioh

No error_logs were generated after numerous tries since late morning but am still getting blank white screen each time I tried to upload a backed up settings.

Simon

Jason, if you want me to take a look, add me on skype `prossorguk`