Sign in to follow this  
drwatson

change 5 Columns Footer searching on site

drwatson

hi support team first, thank you for the great work with PageLines. its awesome!! i have 2 questions: 1. how can i change the standard 5-footer contents? i.e. i will disable "the latest". 2. with the search field on top, i get no results when i searching a word. i didn't find in the documentation how to activate that. thanks for support and sorry my english..;) best regards larry

kastelic

Look in Appearance->Widgets and you will see the Footer Sidebars (5-column) widget area. Add anything here and you will override the default.

drwatson

thank you for the quick answer jimmy! yes i now that, but im only will disable "the latest". i have tried to add manually but the image logo on the left side i dont know how to add this. Insert with the html code gives a error message line.. could you tell me how can i do that? about the second question, should i open a new post for that? many thanks!

catrina

Where did you insert the HTML code for the logo? Directly in one of the files? If so, instead of doing that, you can just add a text widget and add the HTML code there. As for the search bar, what single words have you entered that didn't work?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

drwatson

@Catrina thanks the first question is answered right now. Your solutions works for that. I thought that give a possible other way to do that, but this is OK for me. About the search bar I'm confused. I can write any word on the search bar but no results are displaying. Is there a searchbar plugin or widget to active first? thanks for helping.

Kate

Hi Larry, If you're using the search bar that's there by default (or the widget), they should work out of the box. Do you have a link to your site, please?

drwatson

Hi Kate, Yes i will use this default searchbar. Here is a link http:// URL removed by user request try to find mac support thanks larry

cmunns

did you modify the loop somewhere?

drwatson

Hi Adam I don't know what you mean with loop? In this case i think i don't modify them... could you give me more information about that please? thank you

Kate

Hi Larry, The loop is contained in the template.postloop.php file. Did you make any modifications to that file?

drwatson

Hi Kate, No i don't modify any .php. files. I have only 3 custom css entry's for alignment things. what should i do now? thanks!

cmunns

Someone else recently reported an issue with search. let me get some insight

drwatson

hi adam did you find anything about the search issue? thank you!