Sign in to follow this  
spiritbear

Front page sidebar changes with new post?

spiritbear

Sorry if this is a newbie issue - I like this theme and bought it,(StationPro) but as a first-timer, find it a little less than completely intuitive. I've completely given up trying to use Feature...but otherwise, I'm getting there... Under Settings/Reading, I have Front Page Displays = Your Latest posts, but my main sidebar seems to vanish from my front page randomly with new posts, showing secondary sidebar in its place. Is there something I'm missing?

cmunns

Do you have the "show secondary sidebar" option checked that would cause it to show up instead of the main sidebar?

spiritbear

Hi cmunns - no, the offending posts do not have that option checked down at the bottom of the New Post page. I leave it off. (and anyway, shouldn't that just affect the individual post's page, intead of the front page?) I'm thinking of just configuring my main_sidebar and secondary_sidebar to look exactly the same, to get around this...but still, I'm disappointed that merely adding a post changes my front page layout. And I don't think I can force my welcome text to appear along with the secondary sidebar, which means sometimes it'll be there, and sometimes not.

spiritbear

Well, I went ahead and faked it out (whatever is causing this). Now all my posts show with the secondary sidebar - I guess my main sidebar has been cast to oblivion. Good thing, I guess, that there are two.

cmunns

Are you still looking for a resolution to this problem then?