Sign in to follow this  
peterb

Replace Categories in SubNav with Tags

peterb

Title kind of says it all. I know I can make a Custom Menu, which makes links to tags instead of the page links, but I'm not interested in that. Here's a picture to explain what I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/504jZ.png

timlinson
I know I can make a Custom Menu, which makes links to tags instead of the page links, but I'm not interested in that.
What's wrong with the custom menu? Aside from possibly some menu plugins, that's the only way I know to do this.

peterb

Sorry, I didn't elaborate. There is nothing wrong with the custom menus per se, but if I create and the Custom menus, it appears above the SubNav, where Page links are usually at, whereas I want my menu to be placed in the SubNav section. The link provided in the original post shows where the Custom menu is placed in Primary Navigation, and also where I'd like the menu to be.

catrina

The SubNav section links are generated automatically, they're not set up manually. If you want to add tags instead of categories in the subnav bar, I don't think the Custom Menus feature can be used.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

peterb

Thanks for the reply Catrina. I'm looking into getting my hands dirty to fix this. As of now, I'm wondering whether modifying values in sub_head and all files that contain references to SubNav could be enough. Like for instance, in _sub_head.php, changing

<?php elseif((is_home() || is_category()) && pagelines('subnav_categories') && wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li=&echo=0') !="

No categories
	"): ?>

so that instead of "is_category()" the input is "is_tag()" or something in that vicinity.