Sign in to follow this  
ah2evoxy82raqhs

Remove Line under Content Area

ah2evoxy82raqhs

I have three related questions: 1. Under Template Setup | Default Page | I have added the "Content Area" box. When viewing that box on a default page, there is a line that appears all across the page at the bottom of the box. My question is: How do I remove that line? 2. & 3. There are two content areas: "Content Area" and "Main Content (The Loop - Required). My questions: What is the difference? What is The Loop? Thanks, John

cmunns

A link will help to see the line and the code to remove it. the loop is the main code cycle that displays all WP pages and posts. Main Content is the template area that is full-width using content area + sidebars and the Content Area is just the portion where the post/page goes (not including sidebar)

ah2evoxy82raqhs

Hey Adam, thanks for the quick response. http://www.dandylionhosting.com is the site. Look at the bottom of the page above the footer and below the content. That's the line I want to remove. Thanks, John

catrina

Add this code to your Custom Code CSS area or the base.css file to remove that line:

#post-4 div.post-4 {border-bottom: 0px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ah2evoxy82raqhs

Thanks Catrina, Unfortunately, adding that line of code to the custom Code CSS area had no effect on the line in question. Any other ideas? JK

timlinson

try `.fpost {border:0}`

• Like 1

ah2evoxy82raqhs

Thanks Tim, that did the trick! Is there a directory of these style changes somewhere? JK

timlinson

The way we do it and the way we suggest doing it is to use firebug. It takes a bit of getting used to, but saves a lot of time in the long run. I right clicked that horizontal line, chose "inspect element," and clicked around the various divs.. noticed a border for the fpost class, so tried `.fpost{border:0}`

bink

Thanks Tim (and John Kisha for asking), that was also giving me grief.