Sign in to follow this  
nfp1900

Design control menu background colour

nfp1900

When using the 'Page Background Colour' in design control (full width with canvas), this also changes the colour of the menu. Is there a way of changing the menu colour independently - ideally I would have this match the 'Page Canvas Background Colour'

kastelic

To change the menu color independently you have to use CSS.

nfp1900

I do love minimalism but it doesn't help further one's cause! Do I use FB to identify the CSS field and then add it to the custom code area? Sometimes it looks like a mini snippet to change something but it's tracking it down which is the issue. Any handy hints most appreciated, thanks a lot.

catrina

Yes, use FB to identify the CSS selector and you can create the custom code that can be added to the custom code area. For example, if you're looking to change characteristics of the blog entry title, you'd turn on Firebug, select that element on your page, and what's highlighted in the Firebug editor should look something like this:

<h2="entry-title">ENTRY TITLE HERE...</h2>

That means you'd use the selector h2.entry-title in the custom code. For more specific information, see here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization#101

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse