Sign in to follow this  
jg_cci

bbPress Login Integration - differing cookies

jg_cci

I'm beginning to think this either works for people or it doesn't. I simply cannot get single login to work between WP and bbPress. I searched the forum, bbPress forums, re-read the integration page and video, read and checked the stuff about deep integration, and everything else I can think of. I've also: - verified that salts and keys match exactly - removed and reinstalled bbPress and the appropriate plugs ins I'm running: - WP 3.1.3 - PlatformPro 1.5.0 - PlatformBase 1.4.1 - bbPress 1.0.3 The problem I see is that WP and bbPress generate cookies with different MD5 hashes - for both wordpress_ and wordpress_logged_in_ . I've gone so far as to set:

$bb->authcookie = 'wordpress_1e4a...';
	$bb->usercookie = 'wordpress_logged_in_1e4...';

in bb-config.php using the WP hash. Doing this generates the same wordpress_ hash for both but wordpress_logged_in_ is different. With this I have to log in separately at WP and bbPress but logging out of WP still leaves me logged in to bbPress of course. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate hearing them. Thanks, John

cmunns

The difficulty here is shared by many WP users everywhere, part of why bbPress is moving to a plugin. It would be better to post this info on the bbPress forums

jg_cci

Thanks Adam, I'll give that a try. John