Sign in to follow this  
tuvatroloinmomo

personnalize one page

tuvatroloinmomo

Hello, I am trying to personnnalize just one page of my website and I cannot find the option at the bottom of "edit page" I would like to have for this page - a blog style : i.e each post would be separated and dated on the same page - have a specific background and specific color : I know how to do this for the whole website in the Platform pro setting but now only for one page. Maybe I should not try to create a specific page, but a specific template. If the answer is yes. I would like to know how to create a template. Thank you for your help

Kate

Hi Myriam, If you need to make PHP modifications, then, yes: a custom template is the answer. If you're just looking to change styles (colors, background images, etc.), then CSS will suffice. To get you started with the CSS: Check the source code for your page. You'll see that the body tag of each page is given a unique class, something like "page-id-3". You can use that in the CSS. For example:

.page-id-3{background:#000000;}
or:
.page-id-3 .post{border-bottom:3px solid #dddddd;}

tuvatroloinmomo

Hello Kate, Thank you for your answer ! Could you tell me what is a PHP modification ? And if I just want to have a page (and only a page not the whole website) that looks like a blog (ie pages organized by post, all dated) how should I do ? Thank you for your help Myriam

cmunns

You should write a custom loop using a new WP query so it doesn't effect the main output structure of your site. Then you can hook this in using an action hook. There are a few threads here on how to do it, but if you need guidance let us know.

tuvatroloinmomo

Adam, thank you for your answer. What is a custom loop and how to create one with a new WP query ? Which WP query should i use to have this blog style ? where should i insert this query on my page to make it work ? Thank you for your help Myriam

tuvatroloinmomo

Adam, are you sure there is not an easier to do this ? I just want to have what is showed on the platform pro demo i.e mix within the same webste blog pages (http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/blog-2/'>http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/blog-2/ ) and other pages (for example: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/ ). Should I understand that the platformpro demo has custom loops on it and does not show options that cannot be easily adopted ? Thank you Myriam

cmunns

Can you re-iterate your initial needs? I don't think we are on the same page here.