Sign in to follow this  
Keith Vaugh

Secondary menu on blog pages

Keith Vaugh

Hi Folks I blog created, with a secondary navigation for categories. When I select one of these, it takes me to that category, however the secondary navigation menu disappears. Is it possible have this menu still available when you navigate into the categories? The site is still in development and not live yet however is online.I can PM access details to someone who might be able to help. Thanks in advance

Kate

Hi Keith, If I'm understanding you correctly, this is the way the new secondary navigation operates. As you can see on Settings->Header and Nav->Posts Page Secondary Navigation the description says: "You can select a WP menu to use as sub navigation on your main blog page."

Keith Vaugh

Yes that what I have done, and that is working, but if you navigate into any of these secondary menus (which are defined as categories), you loose the secondary navigate at that point.

catrina

Can you please take a screenshot of the navigation area and post it here?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Keith Vaugh

Here are two screen shots. When I select blog this is what appears: screenshot1.tiff and then when I pick one of the secondary navigations elements, in this case Success stories screenshot2.tiff the secondary navigation is no longer available.

catrina

Sorry, the screenshots didn't post correctly. Can you please try posting them again? (You can just put in the direct link to the image)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Keith Vaugh

Can do one better. The site is now live so here is the url: Blog URL When you select one of the categories on the secondary menu, this is what you get Category link As you can see, the secondary navigation menu has vanished. Is it possible to maintain it. Thanks in advance

catrina

In Template Setup, check to see if the Secondary Nav section (probably in the Site Header template) is set to be hidden on posts pages. If it is, uncheck the box.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Keith Vaugh

I have checked template setup and its not set to hidden. As it is the secondary navigation does work on the posts page, just when you navigate to a particular category its not working.

catrina

I think by default the secondary navigation doesn't display when viewing category pages (or search results), so it's a functionality that needs to be added somehow.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Keith Vaugh

Was thinking that myself. Maybe some of the developers out there might have a solution. Thanks

catrina

You can bump up this topic if it gets too low before it falls out of attention.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

[Deleted User]

I have the same problem so lets bump :)