Sign in to follow this  
makeylon

Full Width Page Not Full Width

makeylon
http://20minutetraders.com/subscriptions I have the page set to full width and all the sidebars hidden. Yet for some reason it won't go full width. Looks like the problem is here: .fullwidth #pagelines_content #column-wrap, .fullwidth #buddypress-page #container { width: 812px; } But I can't figure out why it is saying 812 px instead of 100% Ideas? Platform Pro

Kate

Hi Mark, What do the settings on your Settings->Layout Editor page look like?

makeylon

If you're talking about content width, then 1024, 710, 314 single sidebar

cmunns

Are none of the pages going full-width when assigned...what version are you running?

makeylon

As far as I can tell, they are all doing that. I'm running version 1.5.0 with 1.3.2 Base

catrina
.fullwidth #pagelines_content #column-wrap, .fullwidth #buddypress-page #container {
	width: 812px;
	}

^ Is this in the dynamic CSS file? Is it automatically putting 812px?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

makeylon

Yes, it is in the dynamic CSS file. But not sure where its coming from...

makeylon

I don't know what you are asking. The layout editor is set for 1024

kastelic

Go to Layout Editor -> Configure Layout Dimensions, then select the fullwidth layout and drag it to the dimensions you want. Is it possible you only have the right-sidebar layout dragged to the larger dimension (you have to set each one seperately)?

makeylon

I didn't realize that had to be done separately, but as it happens, the full width layout is also set at 1024.

kastelic

The only page I can see that is full-width is http://20minutetraders.com/newsletter and it appears to be the full 1024px now, whereas before it was 812. The link you gave shows a sidebar. Is it only when you log in that you see the problem?

makeylon

Hmmm... strange. It appears that all the full width pages are now full width. But... I didn't change anything. How very strange.

makeylon

No, thank you. Apparently is suddenly started working properly even though I didn't do anything. lol.

makeylon

David, I wish I could help you. I didn't do anything. It suddenly just started working properly. Though, you might try going into your Pageline Settings and clicking on save settings. There seems to be some kind of cache or something that on some items, clicking on save settings (even if you had before), resets the dynamic css.

bink

I took your advice and just kept playing around with it. Eventually it worked! Here's what did it:

1. Go to the Pagelines PlatformPro Layout Editor.
  2. Resize the width of the Fullwidth layout to a larger size (I went somewhere over 1000px wide).
  3. Save Options.
  4. Resize the width of the Fullwidth layout back to the correct size (800px in my case).
  5. Save Options.
  6. Fixed!

makeylon

Glad to hear it! Thats more than I did... lol.

MatthewMarichiba
Hi, I am seeing this same issue. Platform Pro 1.5.3 on WordPress 3.3. I followed Bink's fix once and it worked. Unfortunately, the problem is back again, and this time the same maneuvers don't fix things. (In otherwords, the primary sidebar is showing up on a page marked as full-width layout.) It feels like there is a bug (or unobvious behavior) in the Layout Editor, that tweaks the sidebar after one shifts the width of layouts. Ah yes, that's the other clue: I used the Layout Editor early on to change the widths of the content & sidebar areas. If you go to http://higherliving.com/contact, you'll see a full-width page that erroneously is displaying the sidebar. Thanks, Matthew