Sign in to follow this  
clvrtv

Full Feature Home Page with multiple loops and a single side bar

clvrtv

I am trying to create a home page that contains a few different elements on it. I have the header, footer and feature area worked out but am having trouble getting the content area to look how I would like. In the content area underneath the featured area I would like to have a sidebar on the left, which I have and is working great. On the right side where the main content goes I would like to replace the normal loop with 4 separate loops(yellow area in layout). A grid of 4 categories that will show a loop that contains a category image followed by three or 4 of the latest post and a read more button linking to the category. The loops will all be the same but I will want those to be custom as well. hopefully the attached crude example layout will help describe what I am aiming at. layout-example.jpg Do I need to create a new Feature Page template? Sections? or can this be done using boxes or other functionality that is built into the theme that I am missing. First time user but wanting to become a but more expert with this theme. Thanks for your time, suggestions and help. Links to other content within the forum would be equally appreciated.

catrina
Do I need to create a new Feature Page template? Sections? or can this be done using boxes or other functionality that is built into the theme that I am missing.
I don't think something like this can be done with Boxes because they're set up individually (not by setting up what to show there automatically). The right approach would be to add customization that allows you to list specific posts from a category in their own DIV layers. This reference is useful for listing those category posts: http://www.balkhis.com/web-designs-resources/how-to-display-the-most-recent-post-from-a-specific-category-in-wordpress/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse