Sign in to follow this  
saritastevens

Secondary Navigation on Category Page

saritastevens

Hello, PlatformPro 1.3.2 My secondary navigation menu is not displaying on the category page. It will display on all other pages of the site. http://nwcoc1.themarketingcrew.com/?category_name=recent-articles The secondnav div is created in the header but not populated. I have a heading setup like: secondnav branding primarynav I have customized the CSS for display through the custom CSS section in the inteface but have not changed any class or id names. Any ideas? Thanks!

catrina

Is Secondary navigation enabled in the Site Header template (in Template Setup)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

saritastevens

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is.

cmunns

If you are using the auto sub-nav for child pages of the current page? It probably just isn't picking up children since it's a category page...what's your source code say? Link to the site would help.

saritastevens

Hi Adam, Link is at top of thread. I am calling 1st level category list of posts using menu created with WP interface. Source is unchanged from Platform Pro install. Thanks!

saritastevens

This behavior also shows on 404 pages.

saritastevens

Adam, Where in the code should I look to see what this behavior should be? Seems like I should be looking in a header file, but I haven't been able to figure it out. If I can find it, maybe I can rewrite it for my needs? Thanks!

saritastevens

Head hurts!! Figured out the secondary nav menu not showing on the 404 pages. I found this section using the theme editor: PlatformPro: section.secondnav.php added, after the

if (!is_404())
call:
else {
	    wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class'  => 'secondnav_menu lcolor3', 'menu' => 'Second Nav', 'container' => null, 'container_class' => '', 'depth' => 1, 'fallback_cb'=>'pagelines_page_subnav') );
	}

Thanks for this post for the hint. Seems that this should always show the nav on any and every page. What make the category pages unique? Thanks again! P,S. Is there a way to modify this without changing the core files?