Sign in to follow this  
psaudio

How do I place a full size image in the feature window?

psaudio

It seems I am restricted to a 540 px wide image in the feature window - which is restricted to make room for the text on the left side. If I don't want to have text, is it possible to place a single larger image in the window instead? Would purchasing the fancier designer software assist me in customizing such things?

catrina

I don't think you have to purchase any designer software to make that kind of customization. If you don't want text in any of the feature slides, CSS can be used to just hide it and make room for a larger image area.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

psaudio

Thank you Catrina. I see I can add custom CSS but I don't know enough CSS to know what to add. Is there anyone that can help me to know what to add? I would prefer to have both the highlight and feature images the full width of the window. I can add my own text onto the pictures. If someone could send me the CSS code to add that would allow me to do this I would be ever so appreciative.

Kate

Hi Paul, Just a thought: if you choose to use the image as the background, it will span the entire width of the feature. (To use it as the bg is one of the dropdown options in the settings.)

atharmajeedgmailcom

I updated the pro.css file to adjust the width. not sure whether this approach is good or not. but its working for me. #fmedia { }

psaudio

The background image suggestion doesn't work because I want to have multiple images and use the slider as it was intended as a gallery. So, are you saying add #fmedia { } In the custom CSS file and that'll do it?

maherie

Two lines here will 1. Remove the feature content text. 2. Display the image you specify at 100% width. The image should be roughly 980px wide. Hope this helps.

.fcontent{display:none;}

.fmedia{width:100% !important;}

Kate

Hi Paul, The suggestion maherie made is one I've used before also, so it should work. Also: the background image approach would work fine ;)