Sign in to follow this  
strategicblend

Can't get comments on selected Pages

strategicblend

Platform Pro seems to be disabling comments on ALL pages, regardless as to whether I have the "allow comments" box checked or not on that particular page. Has anyone else experienced this? Ideally I'd like to be able to toggle comments on a page by page basis, while all posts include them.

cmunns

You probably don't have the COMMENTS "section" active in the TEmplate Setup option area under the PP Settings.

strategicblend

You mean having the widget present on my page templates? If I do that, will I have page-level control on whether or not they appear or will they appear on ALL pages using that template regardless?

catrina

Widgets can be hidden on specific pages using CSS. If you want to remove a sidebar completely on certain pages, you'll be able to do that using the page editor options.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

strategicblend

Catrina that doesn't really apply to my question.

Kate

Hi Taylor, Yes... Make sure in Settings->Template Setup that comments is active. From there, you can decide on a page by page basis where you want comments to appear.

strategicblend

Kate - are you answer "yes" to my above question of: If I do that, will I have page-level control on whether or not they appear or will they appear on ALL pages using that template regardless?

kastelic

YOu will have page-level control.