Sign in to follow this  
tuvatroloinmomo

Page Feature on PlatformPro

tuvatroloinmomo

Hello, On my website myriambahi.com, there are 3 things I would like to change and cannot figure out how to do : 1. The post on the home page is truncated and the reader must click on "continue reading" to see the full page. I would like to have the whole text on the home page without having to click on anything to see everything. 2. Here, http://myriambahi.com/?page_id=12 I have 2 times the same menus bars: one at the top and one in the middle. Strangely the menu bar does not appear on the home page. How to remove it from the other pages? 3. Finally, for each tab, i would like to create a different page with different features. I known I have to click on "layout editor" to decide whether I want one or two sidebars, but this is not what I am to personnalize. I want to use the default layout with no side bars and add for example boxes etc.. I know how to change the whole model for all the pages, but not how to set a different model for each pages. Thank you very much for your help. Myriam

cmunns

1. PlatformPro Settings - Page and Post options...change the excerpt handling option 2. Not sure what you are talking about here 3. Each page edit screen has meta options where you can change the layout and also the template.

tuvatroloinmomo

Adam : Thank you very much ! 1. Solved thanks to you 2. I found how to remove the secondary bar 3. I am trying to figure out which option allow me to do what I want. When I edit a page, I have the following options: 1. page attributes : - "parent" fonction : don't know what it is for. - "template": To choose a template but not to personnalize my own page. By the way that would be great if I could create my own template but I did not find this option (I tried to find a video tutorial about this and could not find any. Then I understood that I should have Ajax to do and I have no clue what it is) - "order" : don't know what it is. 2. page line section control,mainly to hide/see menu bar or features. This is not what I want to modify 3. general page set up - Content section : to select one or two sidebard on the right or the left , This is not what I want to change - secondary nav menu: still don't know how to use it Finally , I have also the following list of options : Feature Slider Section Boxes Section Banner Section Soapbox Section Highlight Section Carousel Section I understand that this gives me the possibility to add a banner or a boxe to my page but if I take the example of the box section: - Where is the option to position my box ? for example if I want my box at the very top of the page. And if I want to position all my text, picture, logo in a very specific way only on one page, where to do this ? - how to insert boxes I created only for this page ? There is an option: "Select Box Set To Show" and the only choice I have is "default-boxes" So I don't have any choice. I tried to find a video tutorial about this but could not find any. Thank you very much for your help Myriam

Kate

Hi Myriam, On the post edit screen there's a dropdown in the right column that allows you to choose the "template". Hope that helps!

tuvatroloinmomo

Hi Kate, thank you for your answer. My problem is that among the template there are no "blog look like page" so these templates do not help me. Myriam

cmunns

Hey Myriam, I see now in my other post you may have problems...but let's continue that thread and abandon this one to avoid double postings.