Sign in to follow this  
aemillerco

Images disappearing from Boxes

aemillerco

Our images are randomly disappearing from the boxes. Example: I was editing a Box to add it to another Box Set. When I went back to view the entire box set on the web page, the image disappeared from the page. When you go back to view that box, the image location is still shown, but the image is gone. I have included screenshots... DACaR.pngrHih0.pngQ5nTX.png8TsCo.png It seems as though (randomly) when you modify, add to or delete from a box set it will remove random images from random boxes. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Kate

Hi Chris, Two things: are you running the latest versions of PlatformPro and WordPress? And, second: do you have any third party plugins installed? If you do (re: the latter), please try deactivating them and seeing if the problem persists.

aemillerco

Yes on both counts...latest WP and Platform pro. I have very basic plugins unrelated to the media manager or box types but I disabled them anyway. The problem is, these images randomly disappear completely from boxes. As in, they are deleted because if you manually go to the URL, they are not there. :(

catrina

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the image URL. Do you see the thumbnails for these uploaded images when you look at the Media Library?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

aemillerco

Nope, they too are missing :( This has been happening on 3 different Platform Pro sites since we started using this theme. The boxes just randomly dump images and of course these guys don't care to support what they are selling. I guess affiliate marketers do a good enough job of selling this thing that updates and support are not even needed! :(

catrina

I think even if some of the plugins you're using aren't media-related, they might still cause some conflicts. Can you try deactivating all plugins to see what happens?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

aemillerco

I did. Thought I was clear about that in my last post. On one of the sites, I have no plugins at all - but adding multiple boxes with images creates the same problem. Seems like a pagelines problem to me.

Simon

Chris, trust me we do care when you say random images are being deleted. Can you provide some steps to reproduce this? You say its happening on 3 site, are they all on the same hosting server? Your host is using Varnish proxy caching i see.

mwnci

I am having the same problem, images keep disappearing from Boxes as well as my favicon image....

Simon

Jethro, can you give us some details please?

mwnci

Hi Simon, I have a favicon image which i've saved as a png file. I upload it under PlatformPro Settings- Global Options Favicon Image. It stays for a while then randomly disappears... The URL location remains but there is no image generated beneath and it disappears from the website. I can reinstate it, but it just keeps happening. Could this relate to the relationship of PlatformPro with the media Gallery? The same thing happens with boxes, image stays for a bit then disappears - often after I have edited one of the other boxes...

Simon

Is there an actual way to reproduce this?

nfp1900

Sorry, hope you don't mind if I chip in here. I was having a similar issue whereby icons uploaded for boxes and some images for feature sets were being deleted (but it could be a different issue altogether). The issue seemed to occur when using the same image for more than one box or feature set - e.g. image X was uploaded for feature set A and then I created feature set B with a different title but uploaded image X again. Although the URL to the image was still shown in the feature sets settings there was no preview and it showed up black on the page. My workaround was to create a unique name for the image and upload it again to the feature. Apologies if I am way off...

aemillerco

Nicholas, Not way off at all and in fact, that COULD be our issue. This is a pretty elaborate site with several images being used 2-3 times. I am going to try to replicate using this new info. THANK YOU!

Simon

I have reproduced this, and im working on a patch

Simon

Guys email me at simon@pagelines.com I have a patch for testing

aemillerco

Does anyone know where to find admin/admin.actions.php? I got a fix from Simon but i cannot find an admin.actons.php file anyplace. :(

timlinson

wp-content/themes/platformpro/admin/admin.actions.php

aemillerco

Tim, I have no admin directory! lol Not on any of my platform pro sites and I have several! J9HtJ.jpg

timlinson

Maybe the admin folder was introduced in later versions.. not sure. Probably need to check back with Simon.

Simon

Yes your running 1.3.5, you really should update.

mwnci

Just to say thanks, Nicholas Peall's response solved my issue as I was using the same image for several things. Loading it up under different names seems to have done the trick.

aemillerco

This was fixed in the latest version of Platform Pro.... just as an FYI. :)