Sign in to follow this  
strategicblend

Pagination missing on custom posts templates

strategicblend

I'm trying to create some additional posts pages (with a category query). This works fine, but when I try to use a normal pagination include OR even a pagination plugin, nothing works. Is there a trick in how Platform Pro renders pagination I should be aware of?

timlinson

Is your custom section registered in Template Setup? You'll want the Pagination box dragged over to the active side for your section.

strategicblend

When you say "custom section" do you mean my new.template.php page? Or are you referring to the plugin that's rendering pagination?

strategicblend

Thanks Adam - unfortunately this solution doesn't work when using the Platform Pro template.content.php code, which is what we used to create our own templates. When I use the recommended code at your link, my query fails to click through to the posts themselves, and still doesn't render pagination.

cmunns

Okay then you need to tell me more about how you have added the custom content.

strategicblend

Perhaps we're doing templates wrong. I just took template.content.php and copied that directly into a new template.news.php page. Put the required "this is a template" code at the top so WP would recognize it. Then just placed a query to call a cat ID in. What I'm ultimately doing is creating 2-3 template pages to pull in different categories of posts: journal, news, events. That part works just fine, only thing missing is pagination.

strategicblend

Checking to see if anyone has any ideas or updates on this.

cmunns

This is because you might not be in the main loop so it's just adding a page....what is the query code ?

strategicblend
<?php
										$second_query = new WP_Query('category_name=journal&showposts=6');
										if($second_query->have_posts()) : while($second_query->have_posts()) : $second_query->the_post();
										$permalink = get_permalink();
										$author = get_the_author();
									?>