Sign in to follow this  
kev2719

Featured image in both iblog and Pro - not showing in some plugins

kev2719

O.k this one is a little strange. I have a plugin that uses "Featured images" unfortunately the little screen that allows this is somehow disabled in pagelinespro and iBlogpro 4.2.6 where this plugin is installed. I have added add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );to the functions.php for both themes and its fixed now. Is there a code that needs to be in that plugin to prevent the theme code overriding the feature and switching that off ?? Thanks. Kevin

catrina
Is there a code that needs to be in that plugin to prevent the theme code overriding the feature and switching that off ??
I'm not sure. This sounds like something the plugin developer would be familiar with. If there are any known issues about this in the past, it's probably documented online somewhere (by users who may have also had the same issue). Which plugin are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kev2719

Hi Catrina, O.K the plugin has code in it that counteracts the theme code and one cancels out the other. which was the problem. I found some code that I put into the functions php of the base theme for both platform pro and iBlog 4 which was ; add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' ); this calls the featured image to the theme. This was in both the plugin and the theme but one switched this off in the theme. Its fixed now, but I am sure it will disappear when i upgrade so i have downloaded a copy as a swipe file.