Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Feature Template Issues

Michael_J

Hi. I'm trying to set up the "Features" template in Plaltform Pro to show a slideshow of pictures that I have selected. Perhaps I am not understanding how this works (documentation is pretty sparse). Example1: In Options -> Feature Settings, you can define the Feature media height. I defined it as 582, so that I could show a 800W x 582H picture. However, this does not appear to change the height. The height remains at apparent default of 330. Example2: I tried dropping the photo right into each new Feature that I created (see Screen Shot #1) The size was original, then displayed as 582 x 800 (which WP calls "Large"). However, actually nothing showed up at all in the Feature window when I view it on my web site. (Sorry, Imgur not working cannot upload screen shot) - the only way to make something show up, is to then manually add a 582 x 800 version of that photo to the Feature using "Feature Media Image". I did that, and can now see the picture in the Feature. However, what then is the purpose of dropping a picture in to the Feature page in the first place, if you then have to upload it a second time to the "Feature Media Image" section below? Web site is www.Qamera.com but the issue may not be visible when you look at it, depends on how soon you read this :)

catrina
Example1: In Options -> Feature Settings, you can define the Feature media height. I defined it as 582, so that I could show a 800W x 582H picture. However, this does not appear to change the height. The height remains at apparent default of 330.
The size of the feature slider that the feature media is contained in needs to be adjusted. Is this something you still want to do?
I tried dropping the photo right into each new Feature that I created (see Screen Shot #1) The size was original, then displayed as 582 x 800 (which WP calls "Large"). However, actually nothing showed up at all in the Feature window when I view it on my web site.
I checked your site to look at the feature slider and see if I can view the image you uploaded, but I can't see the slider itself. Did you remove it temporarily?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse