Sign in to follow this  
marsdorian

How can I achieve this cool image-based magazine style ?

marsdorian

Hey Pageliners, I just bought this theme and I'm blown away. My goal is to create a visual magazine-style blog like the layout here my example I DON'T want any text excerpts on the main page - just the big, wide "latest" post and the "rest" in clickable picture form. How can I achieve this ? Is this possible with the option menu or do I need to code within a child theme ? Thanx for your help, you rock !

makeylon

You might be able to set up a "Home" page with boxes, and put the images in boxes. Or if the images will change regularly, you could set up the boxes to display the latest post in a given category. The Click Here image will likely have to be put into the Base theme code. Either way it looks like you'll most likely have to do a lot of coding and/or hacking in order to get it to do what you want. Probably a lot more than standard help through the forum can provide.

catrina

I agree with Mark. That looks like a big customization job, but if you want a PageLines pro to look at it, it's possible.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse