Sign in to follow this  
dugoni

Customizing layout of Category pages

dugoni

Hi, I'm trying to change the layout of the category pages. I'm trying to do a magazine. The main category is the issue date, and when you click, say, Spring 2011, you will see all articles from that issue. That part works - but I want more. I want to be able to add the Feature feature (the one here http://www.contactpoint.womeninit.net/about-us/) to the top of the page and then have the smaller boxes underneath. How do I manage to apply that layout to the Category template? I can't even FIND the Category template anywhere so I'm not sure what's calling it.

catrina

The theme is structured a different way. The category pages don't take on the appearance from a category template. Instead, it takes on the appearance of whichever blog layout mode you're using.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

grahamgardiner

Ok... I have the same problem too! But I want to get rid of the 3 column footer. How do I change it?? Thanks Graham

Kate

Hi Graham, Please post your question in a new thread. And, when you do, please clarify about 'getting rid of the 3 column footer'... do you only want to do that on your category page?

malcfinch

Hi I've got a similar issue. (www.imdi.co.uk) on the homepage I have a scrolling carousel (not the useless one built in to PP) when you click one of the offers it goes off to the relevant post (brilliant) However I also need to add an offers webpage that shows all the posts. Easy use the menus to show a category view of all the certain posts. 2 minor issues...how do I turn off the morefoot sidebar and secondly I would like to move the image from the left side to above the heading and to a width of 500px. I can't find anything for this is in the .css Any ideas ta very much Malc

dugoni

OK, it looks like the answer is to customize the "Posts" template. In theory I could create a set of features for the current issue and display those at the top of Posts.

malcfinch

I'd like to change it myself if possible. cheers malc

Kate

Hi Malcolm, If you want to move the position of the thumbnail, you could try custom CSS. If that doesn't work, you may have to manually move it in the PHP file (template.postloop.php). As for hiding the "morefoot": Again, you can hide this with CSS. Something like:

.category-uncategorized #morefoot{display:none;}

The "category-uncategorized" is a dynamic class that's added to the body tag of category pages. The "uncategorized" part varies based on your category name.