Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Features and boxes on Subcategories

Rob

Thank you for your kind help in advance on this matter. I've managed to remove the features slider and boxes from my categories pages, but I cannot seem to remove them from the sub-categories. Liqueurs Category Page Click on any of the sub-categories listed there and you'll be taken to a page that once again shows both the featured slider and boxes. How do I remove them and have those pages appear just as the one linked above? Here's an example of a sub-category Brandy-based, I am using Multi-Column Taxonomy List, a plugin, to get the three column list. It works brilliantly, and picks up all the custom taxonomies I've created using Custom Press, a plugin that creates customized taxonomies and post types easily. The available options I've tried in Template Setup haven't worked. At present, the Default Page has only the Content Area, while Posts Pages has the Features Slider and Boxes present. I cannot find a means of accessing those "on the fly" sub-categories to turn off the features or boxes on an individual basis. With over 800 categories, that might be tough. Any ideas? Your replies are deeply appreciated.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cmunns

How did you manage to remove them from the parent categories?

Rob

Adam, I used this custom code:

.category #feature{display:none;}

I found it in another topic someone else started on removing the feature slides from search. This works great, but I had no idea the subcategory pages would show the features. Somehow, I expected the removal would grandfather through to all subsequent pages that followed. As it's a dynamically created page, there's nothing for me to access to remove it and I can't find any specific CSS labels that would allow me to customize that code.

catrina

The CSS selectors for subcategories aren't showing up in the source when you try to look for them?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob

Catrina, I've no idea what to look for. I am wondering however, if the subcategories are not actually archives. If you follow that link above for Brandy-based, you'll see a line:

Viewing archives for "June 14th, 2011"
highlighted in gray. If this is true, what would the appropriate CSS be to correct the problem?

Rob

Working on the premise that the page being viewed is an archive page, I added

.archive #feature{display:none;}
and managed to get rid of the features slider only. The boxes continue to show, even though
.category #feature{display:none;}

worked to remove both feature slider and boxes on those pages. Does anyone know how to remove those boxes from the archive pages?

cmunns

`.category #boxes {display:none;}`