Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird

Image in place of navigation

Blackbird

Is it possible to replace the navigation with an image, or several in a row, and link to the separate pages that way instead?

catrina

You can change menu item backgrounds to images using CSS. Do you have the images you want to use?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

timlinson

You can also just use a custom menu and put images as the entry titles: `PATH_TO_IMAGE`

Blackbird

@Catrina: As of right now I have placeholders ready to see how the menu will look, and then based on that I will make the final menu images. @Tim: I tried doing this to no avail. Appearance > Menu, right? I made a new menu type, set it to my default navigation, and then tried to use the HTML code to plug in some images, but they didn't show up on my site. I checked the input back on the Menu page, and it turns out the codes just get deleted whenever I hit save - only the HTML, that is. If I just input regular text it works fine, obviously. Just for future reference, my site: http://alexandradziggel.com/

catrina
then tried to use the HTML code to plug in some images
Where were you editing this HTML code? Directly in one of the files?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Blackbird

Nope, just the Wordpress menu editor area under Appearance > Menu, not in the Pagelines settings.

Kate

Hi Alexandra, Personally I recommend the CSS approach. Are you familiar with how to do that?

Blackbird

Not really - I'm alright with being given some codes and editing them, but I wouldn't be able to come up with anything on my own.

Kate

Ah, I see. Well, here's a nice tutorial that can take you from A to Z ;)

timlinson
then tried to use the HTML code to plug in some images
This is a little too vague. How did you add it exactly? It should be under "Custom Link" with the page link in the "URL" field and the img code in the "Label" field.

Blackbird

I tried adding the HTML img code into the label field under custom links, and that DID end up working out. I had accidentally put the code in the URL field the first time around - my mistake. However, it left huge gaps between each link as it does with the imageless navigation bars and boxes, so I wasn't able to use one single image for all of my links. Instead, I took the header and navigation menu out of my header in the template setup section, and just put a universal sidebar as a header instead. Then, I added a text widget to that sidebar and put a string of links in there that I edited with CSS in the custom CSS part of the Pagelines settings.