Sign in to follow this  
cw14226

Feature Page images not working with older browers

cw14226

My feature page is working with newer browsers like IE 8&9 and firefox but some of the older browsers like IE 7, the image is still being cut in half and showing only on the right half. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks! www.w2wma.com

cw14226

Yes, all the images in the feature slider

cmunns

Did you modify something here with CSS at all? If so, what have you added.

cw14226

Yes this is the customer CSS code that someone else gave me a different post for a similar problem. .fcontent{display:none;} .fmedia{background:white;width:100% !important;}

Kate

Hi Chuck, Instead of saying "100%" for the width, try using a set pixel value. Also, IE7 does recognize min-width as well. So, you could try adding that too if the first step I recommended fails.

cw14226

Just tried changing it to the size, it didn't change anything.

cmunns

You have a lot of validation errors...meaning some unclosed tags. FOr one your YT video isn't closed "Line 407, Column 41: end tag for "param" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified"

cw14226

ok, thanks for pointing out the youtube errors, I will check on them with the widget author. But I still have not resolution on getting the feature images to work properly with IE 7 or earlier. Each image is still going to the right of the feature. Works fine in IE 8 & 9 as well as FireFox. Any other suggestions?

cmunns

IE7 is so much fun ! argh try ` #cycle { width: 100%; } `

cw14226

I already had this in my custom code. .fcontent{display:none;} .fmedia{background:white;width:100% !important;}

cw14226

I'm sorry to push this to topic back up to the top but I just can't seem to find a CSS solution that fixes the IE7 problem. Everything works fine in later versions of IE and Firefox, just not IE7. Thanks!

cmunns

Well the theme out of the box works in IE7 so it's really difficult to know what was done on your end to cause this. Are there any other details you can provide?