Sign in to follow this  
susieusa-ctccom

Trying to track down FlickRSS problem

susieusa-ctccom

We are currently using Wordpress 2.9 and are having no problems with the FlickRSS plugin and teh Carousel template. However, we're testing WP 3.1.2 and can't get the plugin to work with the Carousel. I have tried in a variety of browsers with no luck. The Carousel itself shows up, but the thumbnails from Flickr do not. I get an error from IE (see below). I'm just trying to figure out if this is a problem with the theme or the plugin. I'm leaning toward it being a plugin problem, but just wanted to check here as well and see if anyone had some answers. Here's the error: Timestamp: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:04:40 UTC Message: '0.offsetWidth' is null or not an object Line: 33 Char: 39 Code: 0 URI: http://blogsusembassy.getusinfo.com/testblog/wp-includes/js/jquery/jq... I don't believe it will be possible for us to use NextGen because we don't allow uploading of images directly to the blogs (for blog posts we always use the "from URL" option). As a side note, it seems like the support for this plugin is minimal and outdated. A new version hasn't been presented since Wordpress 2.7! Perhaps it's time for Pagelines to find another Flickr plugin whose developer is a little more active?

cmunns

the plugin not being updated is probably the problem...although manually parsing the flickr rss feed shouldn't be too much trouble...what have you tried so far to fix it?

susieusa-ctccom

Sorry fo rthe late reply Adam...haven't tried manually parsing RSS from Flickr into the theme. We have a couple dozen blogs, and if I'm guessing correctly, we'd need to set up a new feed for every new blog that wants to use the carousel template. Our bloggers are not developers, so the plugin, if we can get it to work, is a great solution for us. I'll keep trying to contact the plugin developer, but he seems to not be paying any attention to this plugin at all. I'l also check and see if there are any similar plugins that we can use instead. Thanks again.

mballas

Did you have any success with contacting the developer? I am also trying to set up an easy way for clients to upload pictures into carousels without messing up their website.