Sign in to follow this  
layil

Banners messed up after migration.

layil

Hello, I'm a platform pro user and I performed a migration of the whole blog from a folder on my site to another, following the instructions given by wordpress official docs. After that, only some old image seemed to need corrections in the url, but in general everything seemed fine. Now I noticed that banners, instead, are a little messed up, with two problems mainly: - when I click on the "edit banner" in the actual blog page, it opens for editing the page that contains the banner and not the banner itself; - banners are not taking any auto or <p> tag... while if I write the tag explicitly, banners retain the correct format. I can't imagine where is the problem, could please someone give me a clue? Thank you, Best

layil

Sorry the break tag has become a real break...

Kate

Hi Sandra, A couple of ideas: have you tried deactivating then reactivating the theme? Do you have any plugins installed? If so, please try deactivating them. Are you running the latest version of PP and WP?

layil

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried your suggestions but it still doesn't work. I have the latest versions of both wp and pp. When you click on edit banner, it is supposed to open the actual edit banner page... or is it right that it opens the containing page edit panel? I can't remember clearly how it was before the migration...

Kate

My apologies Sandra... just to clarify: from the page itself, (not the dashboard), you're clicking "edit"?

layil

Yes Kate, from the page itself. There is no problem from the dashboard, it just take longer this way because I'm using many banners and it's easier to open the edit page right from the actual blog than go searching in the dashboard.

catrina
or is it right that it opens the containing page edit panel?
Yes, it is supposed to open a page editor-like panel. Can you post a screenshot of what you see after you click on the "edit banner" link?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

layil

I just erased and reinstalled platform pro, and I see that there is an issue because the new platform pro is somehow still referring to my old blog directory: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29939358/new_install.png as you can see one of the default boxes' image is pointing at lightwedding/blog/wp-content/etc, which is the old dir, and it is for everything... ...how do I contact the developers to find out how to erase completely pp and make a fresh new installation? Or correct the issue?

layil

Tried to send a message via the contact form in the contact page. Let's hope...

layil

Ok, here it is: I erased everything (database included) and made a fresh new installation of wp and pp. After that, I started to rebuild the contents. Same as before: banners are messed up... they don't retain auto line breaks and paragraphs and the edit link still point to the edit page of the actual page instead of the edit page of the banner. I'm very disappointed that there is no way to get help from someone who created the framework... since it is not a free software, you may expect that some of your customers are professionals, and for professionals time is money. Thank you anyway.

cmunns

Let me ring Andrew on this as it may need to be fixed for the next update..thanks for your patience.