Sign in to follow this  
ryanopaz

Qranslate - Feature Navigation

ryanopaz

Before I bought i was told that Qtranslate plays nice with Pagelines. I am now seeing that there is a lot of customization needed to make it work. Is there any quick fixes for the base elements of the site. Also how can we get the quick codes to work in the special fields: IE: Navigation text for Featured section. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help. (Yes I did search the forums, but most of the threads got either highly technical or didn't seem to resolve the problems)

cmunns

What do you mean by this:

Also how can we get the quick codes to work in the special fields: IE: Navigation text for Featured section
also, can you describe the problems you are having

ryanopaz

I want to put translated titles in the "features" navigation. The box doesn't accept the qtranslate coding, so I am left with no way to input: <!--:en-->english text<!--:--><!--:ca-->german text<!--:--><!--:es-->spanish text<!--:--> or the alternate way: [:en]english text[:es]spanish text etc etc Does that make it clearer? Thanks!

cmunns

We talking about the feature slider buttons with text/names? The pagelines_option doesn't allow those tags because it encodes them instead of reading it as comments... `<?php esc_attr_e( pagelines_option($oid) ); ?>`

ryanopaz

So what can I do? I was told that qtranslate worked great with Pagelines when I signed up... I see now it doesn't but there has to be a way to get around this. Any suggestions?

cmunns

I think in most cases it will...the particular option however is meant to correct any incorrect HTML. Do you have to use the "feature-name" navigation?

ryanopaz

Well, it's hard to not use the text, but I am looking at options, just would love to figure out a way to get around this....