Sign in to follow this  
farrelldoc

How can I completely remove all sidebars from single post pages?

farrelldoc

There was a topic similar to this, but he was trying to add empty sidebars. I want to completely remove sidebars from all single post pages. When I go to the Template Setup page, there is nothing on Single Post pages except for the Content section, but I still have sidebars in my post pages. I don't get it. Thanks!

----

Karen Farrell

Farrell Documentation

Platform Pro

WP 3.1.3

timlinson

Sidebars have their own dropdown entries in template setup. You can click "Advanced Setup" on the sidebar boxes and check "hide this by default."

farrelldoc

Thank you for the quick response! I'm new to this platform, so I'm trying to understand how to hide them by default only on the post pages but show them by default on all the other pages (without having to edit every single page). Thanks! Karen

----

Karen Farrell

Farrell Documentation

Platform Pro

WP 3.1.3

timlinson
how to hide them by default only on the post pages but show them by default on all the other pages
That should be what "hide on posts page" does. Select that one and uncheck "hide this by default."

farrelldoc

Sorry for the delay in answering. I've been trying to figure it out because that did not work. I think I have figured out the problem. I need to hide the sidebar on post pages with a post type of "ticket". Is there a way to hide the sidebar on post pages of a special type? Thanks for your patience with a newbie! Karen

----

Karen Farrell

Farrell Documentation

Platform Pro

WP 3.1.3

farrelldoc

Hi Catrina, (Love your name by the way--long story!) I have given you user access to view the test ticket and try to update it. The front-end update feature is not currently working, you have to log in to update the ticket. We are working on that. This quuestion is just about getting those darn sidebars to go away on those special post pages. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your help! http://www.farrelldoc.com/?post_type=ticket&p=183&preview=true Thanks, Karen

----

Karen Farrell

Farrell Documentation

Platform Pro

WP 3.1.3

cmunns

You can probably just do with CSS ` .single #column-wrap {width:100%} .single #sidebar-wrap {display:none} ` maybe try this.

farrelldoc

@Adam Sorry for the late reply. That really did the trick! Here is the code that I used.

.single.single-ticket .one-sidebar-right #sidebar-wrap
	{
		display: none;
	}

.single.single-ticket .one-sidebar-right
	{
		width: 100%;
	}

----

Karen Farrell

Farrell Documentation

Platform Pro