Sign in to follow this  
anlinares

Sidebar on Single Post Page

anlinares

I would like for my sidebar to show on Single Post Pages. I have checked in the Template Setup to make sure they are not selected to hide on single post pages and checked in the individual post page to see if anything is selected for such. However, I can't find anything. I could be missing something pretty simple. Any ideas?!? http://www.ittakesagrandma.com

kastelic

In the Layout Editor, what layout do you have set as the Default Layout?

anlinares

Body and One Sidebar Column

Kate

Hi Ashley, In addition to Jimmy's question, in Settings->Template Setup, what does the "Single Posts Page" look like? Does it have the sidebar dragged into the left column? If not, please do that.

anlinares

I am currently using 'Primary Sidebar' for the main site sidebar. Only Universal, Full Width, and More Foot sidebars are given as an option to drag onto the Single Posts Page unless I'm missing something.... which is very likely the case!

catrina

There is no Primary Sidebar that is draggable in the Single Post Page template. Did you check to see if you're hiding the Primary Sidebar in the PageLines Section Control part of the post editor?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

timlinson
Only Universal, Full Width, and More Foot sidebars are given as an option to drag onto the Single Posts Page unless I'm missing something
No that part's normal. The setting should be under the "Sidebar 1" dropdown entry in Template Setup. Click Advanced Setup on your Primary Sidebar section and make sure that "Hide this by default" isn't checked.

anlinares

Yeah, I had checked that. It isn't checked. That's why I'm so confused! Hopefully there is an easy fix. I just can't seem to find anything anywhere that would suggest why it isn't showing up.

timlinson

Are you using any widget plugins (like Widget Logic for example)?

raydouglas

trying to put up two side bars with page content in middle but side bars won't populate with widgets, New to game so any help would be brilliant, thanks

cmunns

Ray, please start a new thread if you having issues...sounds to me you need to double check the active sidebars along with widget areas

anlinares

No, Tim. Nothing like that.

anlinares

I do have some custom css but nothing to do with the sidebar or widgets.

timlinson

Are you using a customized template.postloop.php template in platformbase? or have you edited the one in platformpro at all? And if so, did you add your own `is_single()` or `!is_single()` anywhere?

anlinares

No. Sorry, Tim. I know I'm not being any help. Just not sure where else I can look to figure out where the problem is coming from!

anlinares

Okay, it was really this simple. I totally overlooked the 'General Page Setup' box underneath the post editor. It was automatically set to 'Fullwidth' and I had to change to 'one sidebar on right'. Any idea how I can get this automatically set to 'one sidebar on right' so my mom (who will be the one writing and posting all of the blog posts) will not have to make this selection each time?

anlinares

After playing around with it I realized that it automatically keeps the sidebar if you don't make a selection so I think maybe my mom changed the selection when she was typing up the Post and then I didn't realize where the change had been made. Sigh!!!! At least it was an easy fix. Kudos to everyone for your help!

Kate

Glad you got it figured out, Ashley. And, thanks for posting back to let us know.