Sign in to follow this  
italo

Brand Image Bleed

italo
Here I have an image in brand section, and I can't find a way to have it bleeding from BOTH sides, i.e. on the left, too. Is there a way to make the logo img "touch" both sides, and possibly with border-radius? :-)

catrina

Have you already tried increasing the width of the image or does that make the container expand, too?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

italoprofeti

Yepp! It can bleed as much as I want on the righthand side, but it won't get back to the left border. It's like there's a gutter there, and I'm not able to find wich selector to use to margin back those pixels!

catrina

Have you considered adding rounded corners to the header image you're using and then adding the yellow rounded corner border around it? That will ensure no white spaces on either side.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

italoprofeti

Well, I just thought I'd start a new thread with that question. now I simply add some tags to this reply :-D That's exactly what I want for that blog!! How I do it? Which selector?

italoprofeti

I'll try the link with the transparent rounded corners. how do I go on? unzipp and upload the corner imgs and copied/pasted CSS contents in custom css? what about java script? BUT, once rounded the corner, the img will still be those 10-like pxs from the left, won't it?

catrina

I think the best approach is to add the rounded corners to the image using an image-editing program rather than uploading the jquery and then configuring it.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

italoprofeti

Will do. What about the distance from lefthand border? Which selector am I to use to take out a padding or give a negative margin or whatever?

catrina

You can add a yellow border with rounded corners directly around the image in the image editing program so you don't have to add the yellow rounded corner border in the CSS. This eliminates the possibility of white spaces on both sides.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

italo

Done!But the image is still 10-some pxs from the left border :-(

kastelic

This should do it:

.mainlogo-img{margin-left:-9px;}