Sign in to follow this  
al3xrodriguez

Comments number/badge Unaligned, thumbnail help?

al3xrodriguez

I recently purchased iblogpro4 the theme is one of the best i've used over the years yet i have a few problems and questions. 1. How do I get thumbnails to show in the front page beside my blog posts? i'm having trouble getting those to show. 2. at my site the comments badge where it says how many comments are posted for that post aren't aligned screenshot below:

screenshot20110611at319.png

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

kastelic

Do you have a live link we can check out? Have you added a "featured image" to each of your posts (bottom right of the post editing screen?).

al3xrodriguez

Link is http://theiphnonespot.net, comments aren't aligning correctly on the index page, I have also set up a featured image and the thumbnails still won't show up.

al3xrodriguez

I meant theiphonespot.net sorry, anyhow thanks for the help. Image thumbnails are still being difficult do i have to use a custom field? The comments badge alignment problem is still there.

catrina

Do you have any plugins that you can deactivate (i.e. the shoutbox) to see if any of them is causing the problem?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

al3xrodriguez

The shoutbox is html txt inside a widget its not the shoutbox, any other suggestions. Thumbnails also aren't working, could it be permissions issues, plugins etc?

al3xrodriguez

Yea I have pagviews and a few other im going to do a disable on plugins one by one to see if any is causing problems

al3xrodriguez

Alright so i deactivated all plugins one by one and the comments still aren't aligned on the blog index page and as usual the thumbnails are showing up

al3xrodriguez

Alright so i got the comments back to normal it was the intensedebates plugin. Now the only problem I have is thumbnails not showing up. I haven't added any custom code, is there a custom code I should use along with a direct image link to use ? I thought it was just use the featured image option on the right hand side when posting.

catrina

No, there is no custom code needed for the thumbnail image. Go to Theme Options > Pages And Posts > Post Thumbnail Placement and enable "Only on blog pages and search" so that they show up.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

al3xrodriguez

No its a no go, did what you said along with going back and updating a post with a featured image refreshed main page and nope no thumbnails beside the excerpts? Thank you for the support by the way i'm going to continue working on this

kastelic

Yes, it is the featured image area you are speaking of, and they should be showing up as long as you have them checked under Post Thumbnail Placement in Pages and Posts. Is there any way you could post a screenshot of your entire options page for Pages and Posts? Normally I might suspect a plugin conflict, and it may still be that if you haven't tried deactivating all plugins, but I'm not seeing the code for the post thumbnail at all in your theme so it seems the issue is starting with the PHP, or not turned on correctly.

al3xrodriguez

Yeah its activated screenshot below: screenshot20110612at902.png I don't see what any other problem it could be as i do use the featured image on the right side when posting a new post. Also all 19 active plugins are: Akismet Auto Tags cforms Easy Contact FeedBurner FeedSmith flickrRSS NextGEN Gallery Page Links To Post-Plugin Library Shockingly Simple Favicon Twitter Tools Wordpress Popular Posts WP-PageNavi WP-PostViews WP-Print WP-UserOnline Select WP125 WP125 WP Feature Disable WPtouch Pro any other phop edits css options i can make to make the thumbs show up?

cmunns

THe link to your site isn't working...did you check for validation errors in the HTML?

JohnMagic

When looking at your sites code, I see no signs of featured images. May you check in your posts that featured images field is filled out ? It does not seem like they are.

al3xrodriguez

I am using featured images, whenever i post a new article i click on the right side of the post and add a featured image it then asks me to choose where to pull the image from i choose it and it shows up in the post I then publish like normal and the thumbnails still don't show. Should i be using a featured image custom code I already read that i didn't have to ?

kastelic
it then asks me to choose where to pull the image from i choose it and it shows up in the post I then publish like normal
When you say, it shows up in the post, is that because you are clickinc "insert into post" instead of "set as featured image" (the step after you choose the location of the image)? The image shouldn't show up in the post if you only set it as the featured image, it will instead show up in that little featured image box in the bottom right.

al3xrodriguez

Aha thats the problem I can't use image links from other hosting sites i need to upload image to my server then i see the set as featured image.. All problems solved thanks everyone who helped. So just to conclude from this problem: 1. if using intensedebate plugin for comments the blog page comments badge has unaligned text. Fix is to deactivate, hopefully you guys fix that problem in an update. 2. Setting featured image you must upload to your own media library can't use direct image links. All is well cheers!!